All AS Film students need to complete an evaluation for the film sequence that you have made.
It needs to be 750 words and should be a reflective analysis of your individual contribution to the project.
You need to select the key features of your micro element and demonstrate how they make meaning(s) and aim to provoke response(s) in audiences.
For example if you were the cinematographer how do your shots create meaning for the spectator? Why did you shoot things in a certain way? If you directed the sequence what type of performance were you hoping to get from the actors? How does their performance help create meaning? Why are certain props used? Why are these significant?
You need to make references to other films that have influenced your work and include screen grabs to help illustrate your points.
Here are some questions that might help you
- How has the genre/sub genre that you have been working in influenced the decisions you have made?
- How have you developed the narrative through you specific area of micro responsibility?
- How did you work with other group members to develop the narrative, character and genre in your sequence?
- In what way did you adapt and change your plans as you went?
- How did you want the audience to respond to your micro aspect within the sequence you created?
- What has the feedback you received told you about the successes and or problems with the decisions you made?
- Have your technical skill enabled or hindered you making the creative choices you wanted to?
Use the following links are good examples from previous students.